40 something woman, proud mom, full time executive assistant, part time winery cellar rat...managing an almost 4 year LDR with the love of my life who lives in Boston. I travel (A LOT).. I run (A LOT)...I eat (A LOT)...I complain about the long Oregon winters (A LOT)...I have great friends (A LOT)...I imbibe wine & vodka (A LOT -- er, in moderation) -- WELCOME to this little section of my world! I want to get to know you too so shoot me an ask, a fan mail or email me off of my link!
Happy Monday Tumblrs
- You get the curly hair coffee date edition since I went to bed after my shower last night with wet hair…
- I am one of those weird people who really like Daylight Savings Time…the loss of an hour doesn’t kill me and I absolutely LOVE that its light out later!!
- I am not looking forward to work this week due to the drama I discussed yesterday about the event that I am working on and planning…Being the bearer of bad news always sucks!
- I am pretty happy with yesterday’s 12 miles! While not my fastest run of all time, I am happy to trade speed for endurance and to have kept my pace under a 12 minute mile (11:40 to be exact)
- I ran 27 miles last week… that is the HIGHEST thus far in marathon training…. While it should most certainly be higher, I am okay with it as my new focus on fitness and not just running is helping my mental state significantly as I approach the marathon…
- Kiddo’s team won both soccer games this weekend…Saturday 4-0 and Sunday 3-1!! Its great to see her back to playing in the box and it makes my heart happy!!
- We are still seeing some residual effects from her concussion though — but mostly in her studies/reading. She has found that she does MUCH better with readers (glasses) on for any reading/concentrating. I am glad that she is proactive about this and likes wearing the glasses…
- This week will prove do be busy with work, soccer, training and then the winery on Saturday —- but this Saturday will be FUN winery work as we get to go out and taste an other wineries and get paid for it!!
- I fly out to Richmond on Sunday for a week of training too so it will make for a VERY short weekend at home.
- I have 15 miles on the books next weekend and am not totally sure how I am going to fit them in with 10 hours of winery activities on Saturday and a full day in flight on Sunday! I am either hoping for a sunny Friday after work that I go hammer it out or I may be doing it on Sunday night at the hotel treadmill!!
Alrighty — time to go flat iron this crazy mane of mine! Make it a good day Tumblrs!!